District grants fund small-scale, short-term activities that address needs in your community and communities abroad. Each district chooses which activities it will fund with these grants. You can use district grants to fund a variety of district and club projects and activities, including:
- Community and charity projects
- Scholarships for any level, length of time, location, or area of study
- Youth programs, including Rotary Youth Exchange, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA), Rotaract, and Interact
- Vocational training teams, which are groups of professionals who travel abroad either to teach local professionals about their field or to learn more about it themselves
What to Know
The process for applying for a district grant is a relatively simple one. To better understand the process and criteria we recommend you download and explore the following documents. These will better prepare you for the application process and ensure a smooth application.
- Attend the District Grant Management Seminar.
- Agree to the Club Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and submit a signed MOU to the District. Download Club Memorandum of Understanding.
- Prior years Grants reports must be completed or current.
- Club has timely paid all dues to Rotary International and the District (within 60 days).
- Prior Rotary year annual club giving exceeds $100 per capita
- President Elect attended current year’s President Elect Training, or was excused by and received training approved by the District Governor Elect.
Terms & conditions
Understand General Terms and Conditions: Projects must meet the eligibility requirements described in the Terms and Conditions for Rotary Foundation Grants.
Applying: Complete online District Grant Application – First Round Deadline is May 31st, 2018 (There may be a second round of District Grants awarded, if funds are still available, after June 1st applications are evaluated)
Write final report
Making Final Report: Clubs must submit a final report to the District upon expenditure of the grant funds. Receipts for expenditures including final bank statement must be included with the report. Receipts and statements should be scanned and submitted electronically to the District Grants Chair, Andy Lyman — firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download and Submit: District Grant Report form